Motorcycle engines from France, Britain, Germany, Switzerland...
Brouiller engines were supplied to Bon Avion, Moto Montée, B & P and others.
FMC engines were produced in the 1950's and used by Aiglon, Trophee de France, Meteore and Griffon. It is possible that these engines were built by another company and rebranded by FMC.
Harrissard engines were fitted to CP Roleo, and probably by Durandal. There is an article la Revue du Motocyclettiste No 101 : Découverte : Les moteurs Harrissard
Gruhn engines were used by ABC GmbH, Berlin.
Morris engines were fitted to Hobart lightweights in 1922
Piazza and Ladetto & Blatto engines were used on a variety of Italian machines.
SMW, Bosch Stockdorfer Motorenwerke AG, Stockdorf, near Munich. This engine was used in the early 1920s by Bison, Linsner, SBD, and the wooden-framed Hirsch. (1)
Whitley engines were sold to Mills and Fullford in 1903-1904.
An Aluminium Engine.
Another good unit for assemblers is the Bergmann, a V type with aluminium cylinders, having steel liners and vertical overhead valves directly operated by an overhead camshaft, no gear being used between the cam and the valve stem. This engine has a cast iron detachable head, and is built as a unit with the change-speed gear. It is the work of one of the most reputed German engineers, and is undoubtedly a fine piece of work.
The MotorCycle, October 6th, 1921
Sources: Sergio Scalarandi et al
If you have a query or information about motorcycle engine manufacturers please contact us