A Brief History of the Marque
Manufactured in the early 1920s by Madoz & Cie in Nanterre.
In 1924 the firm was advertising as Moussard-Madoz, marketing a 175cc two-stroke. Louis Moussard of Ets L. Moussard, Puteaux, and Madoz were partners for a short time as Madoz et Moussard.
The engines were fitted to the Italian Navone during the late 1920s, along with French marques Utilia, Claude Delage, Orion and others. Magda of Angers offered a model with a 350cc Moussard engine, and New Map is listed as having 175cc Madoz two-strokes in 1926/27.
There was a cyclecar named the Madoz built in Nanterre, Paris, in 1921 with a 175cc two-stroke engine.
It is unclear whether sidevalve PM engines were also built.
Madoz also built complete motorcycles under his own name:
In May 1922 a Madoz won the 350cc class of the first Bol D'or, a distance of some 5,126km. Madoz had officially withdrawn the day before the race but their designated rider Laurent raced the machine privately.
Sources: Tragatsch/Henshaw, antiquites-brocante.fr, racingmemo.free.fr