Featured Pages Tilly Shilling, Engineer She Made the Merlins Sing
Manx 30MKrieger-Gnadig First German Shaft Drive Motorcycles
KG (EN & ES)Humber WC HO Twins Advanced Machines of Edwardian Era
Invicta were motorcycles produced from 1902 to 1906 and from 1913
1902-1906 The name was first used on a short-lived venture that involved
the assembly of a primitive machine from basic cycle parts fitted with
Minerva and Kelecom
engines from Belgium.
1913 The name returned to the market with a small range of lightweights
designed by Arthur Barnett.
He constructed the Invicta at his works at West Orchard, Coventry.
The machines were fitted with 269cc Villiers
two-stroke engines with petroil lubrication and a chain-driven magneto.
Two models were offered; both had Druid
forks. One was belt driven, the other had a two-speed Jardine
gear and chain-cum-belt drive.
In 1919, he joined with Gordon Francis (whose father, Graham Francis, was
co-founder of Lea-Francis)
at Lower Ford Street, Coventry to form Francis-Barnett.