The British Radial Engine Company of Lacland Place, London, SW10 produced motorcycles from 1921 to 1922.
1921 The company acquired the rights of production for the 396cc 2¾hp
three-cylinder radial engine, designed by J. E. Manes and built by C.
B. Redrup. Soon they were able to assemble complete and marketable
machines. These had in-line mounted, 309cc engines with valves placed either
side of cylinders that were spaced 120 degrees apart, and a two-speed Sturmey-Archer
gearbox with chain-cum-belt transmission. Frame and forks came from Chater-Lea,
carburettor from Senspray
and magneto from Runbaken.
In all but the engine configuration, the machine was conventional. The
engine was also available for stationary applications.
1922 Specifications included a Vici carburettor. That year was to see the
end of British Radial.