Trump were motorcycles produced between 1907 and 1923. First based in Liphook, Hampshire, they then moved to Lombard Street, Birmingham and also had the Foxdale Works, Byfleet, Surrey. The director and driving force was Frank A. McNab.
1907 The first Trump motorcycle was produced. They mainly used JAP engines and were sometimes listed as Trump-JAP.
1909 The machines were successful at Brooklands from that year onwards, and at first the company used a 3.5hp single. In May a new record was set for the 500cc one-hour race, when 48 miles/77km was achieved.
1910 The 3.5hp model was offered in two forms, also with a 6hp V-twin. They were fitted with Druid forks and belt drive.
1912 The firm moved to Birmingham, but also had works in Surrey. The range continued more or less unchanged and much in the style of the period.
1913 The range was extended to add 3.25hp and 8hp V-twins.
1914 There was just a 4hp single and 6hp V-twin. During the year, they added the Trump-Peco, fitted with the 349cc two-stroke engine of that name, an Albion two-speed gearbox and belt final-drive. Single and three-speed versions were also available.
1915 A 208cc version was added to the list, which included several sizes of V-twin.
1921 They returned post-war as Trump Motors of Byfleet, Surrey. The first model offered was a 976cc JAP V-twin sports model and that was soon joined by a 548cc sv JAP single with Sturmey-Archer gearbox and close ratios as an option.
1922 The range comprised 292cc, 346cc and 490sv singles, plus 747cc and 976cc sv V-twins, all of JAP manufacture.
1923 The range was slimmed down to the 346cc sv single, in standard or sports trim, and the two sizes of V-twin, plus another with a 994cc ohv Anzani engine. McNab retired early in the year, due to ill-health, and it was the final year for the marque.