Eclipse Motor and Cycle Co of John Bright Street, Birmingham
1903 Eclipse motorcycles were produced from 1903 to 1905.
1903 The first machine was exhibited at the Stanley Show. It had a variable-speed gear, engine-driven rear wheel and free-wheel clutches. A forecar was also offered.
1904 A wide-angled V-twin was added. The engine fitted into a loop frame with braced forks and conventional belt drive. There is little further information.
XL-All were motorcycles produced from 1902 to 1906. The machines had 2hp or 4hp 90-degree V-twin engines mounted in a loop frame. They were claimed to be the most powerful road machines that could both pull a trailer and push a forecar at the same time. They also professed to reach 'Any speed from 4 to 50mph' and to 'pass everything on the road'. Either cylinder of the engine could be used alone while allowing the other to cool when not in use; or both together - which ever preferred - were the extravagant claims.
If you have further information or a query related to this page, please contact us