1937 Albert Reynolds first
showed his AER model during the Isle of Man races - it had a 340cc
twin-cylinder, air-cooled, all-alloy two-stroke engine with pressed in liners for the one-piece cylinder casting
and a one-piece head, four-speed Burman gearbox,
oil-pump lubrication and Webb Forks forks
fitted to a conventional frame. Albert Reynolds had, however, previously
produced special versions of the Scott
in the early 1930s.
1938 Production of the AER twin began, with an Amal induction tract, flywheel magneto and chain-driven dynamo and oil pump.
1939 The twin was joined by a model with single-cylinder Villiers
engines of either 249cc or 350cc, using the same frame and running gear.
1940 World War II brought production to a close and it never re-started,
although Albert Reynolds continued to sell the last remaining models from
his Liverpool shop where many remained, on the top floor, long after the war.