Martin motorcycles were built by Victor Martin of Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, from 1932 to 1939.
1932 The JAP firm arranged for sales of their speedway engines to be handled by Victor Martin Ltd, who had been involved with the development of the engine. Complete machines were built using the engine and fitting it to a frame made to the Rudge speedway form. He also sold the ComerfordWallis machine.
1933 After some changes, the Wallis became the ComerfordSpecial.
This later became the Martin-Comerford, while the original with the Rudge-type frame became the Martin- Rudge. Both were still fitted with the JAP engine.