A Brief History of the Marque
Manufactured: 1920 - 1927, (or possibly 1919-1926)
11 Rue du Plat, Lyon
Office de ReprÃ©sentations Industrielles et Automobiles Lyonnais
Engines in use were predominantly MAG, and it appears there was a relationship with that company.
In 1920 Orial bought the G.L. marque after the death of Maurice Le Pen and subsequently fitted MAG engines to the rebranded machines.
1922 saw Orial's main rider, Guiguet, move to Koehler-Escoffier leaving Drevet struggling somewhat. The marque foundered in 1925.
Racing Sidecars ¹
In 1922 Koehler-Escoffier was taken over by S.A.M., under Raymond Guiguet, an engineer and former racer with Orial on 600cc side cars. ²
There was a short-lived Orial brand in Germany which changed its name to TWN after a legal wrangle with the French firm.
There is some possibility that Orial produced a single cylinder machine perhaps as large as 750 cc but this is disputed.