Panther were motorcycles produced between 1904 and 1968.
The company began in Cleckheaton, Yorkshire, as Phelon and Moore.
A report on the 1924 Motor Cycle Show reads, in part:
A modified Panther, to be known as the Cub, is to be marketed during the coming season. It has... smaller mudguards, and a silencer which conforms to Brooklands regulations... The side-valve model remains unaltered, except as to price, which has been reduced to £70.
1962 The Official Receiver was called in, although production continued.
1963 The range was cut to five models.
1964 The range was cut still further - to three models.
1965-1967 Just one single and one twin trickled out of the factory at a dwindling rate.
1968 Production ceased.