Estimate: (£) 1,000 - 1,500
Reg Number:AFK 87G
BSA introduced a revised version of the largest capacity Bantam in 1959. The D7 featured a new pivoted fork frame with welded construction and revised styling that reflected that of the larger machines in the range. The engine remained essentially the same as the previous D5 power plant, although an additional cover was added to the timing side which cleaned up the appearance and protected the clutch adjuster. During 1966 the D7 was replaced by the D10 which offered an increase in performance thanks to a higher power output and introduced the option of a four speed gearbox to the Bantam range for the first time. The D10 ran until 1968 when it was replaced by the D14/4 which was generally similar to its predecessor except for a further increase in performance thanks to some subtle tuning.
This example of the D14 has formed part of a private collection and is offered in original, unrestored condition which will provide a good basis for restoration or preservation.
Image and description kindly supplied by H&H Classic Auctions