Perks and Birch produced motorcycles between 1900 and 1901.
They were the originators of the idea to build the complete engine unit within the wheel it was to drive. The single-cylinder engine was fitted between the spokes of an aluminium wheel, with eight to ten spokes on each side. A low-tension magneto provided the spark and the assembly could be fitted in place of the rear wheel of a bicycle or the front wheel of a tricycle.
The Singer Cycle Co took up the design in 1901.