emu
British Motorcycles

A. E. Bradford

De Luxe were motorcycles produced from 1922 to 1924, firstly in Wolverhampton and latterly in Birmingham. Prior to WWI, they used the name AEB.

The small company of A. E. Bradford, who was a school teacher very interested in motorcycles, Sweetman Street, Wolverhampton, intermittently produced these machines. The firm specialized in buying up surplus stock and many of those items were used in the building of De Luxe machines, so specifications varied.

He also sold motorcycles in kit form from his Motorites premises in Vane Street.

By 1922 the company was trading as the De Luxe Motor Company of Corporation Street, Birmingham, from where they offered a 349cc Barr and Stroud sleeve-valve-engined model, with Brampton forks, ML magneto and Amac carburettor.

Sources: Grace's Guide


If you have further information or a query related to this page, please contact us

Phil Aynsley Photography
Phil Aynsley Photography
Thousands of quality photographs featuring Ducati, Moto Guzzi, MV Agusta and numerous other marques. An index to many of the amazing galleries on his site is available here:
Phil Aynsley's Motorcycle Photos