A Brief History of the Marque
Founded by Naphtali Ollearo as a repair workshop, the Turin firm produced a 132cc Turismo model in 1926 with a three-speed transmission and a Sport model of 125cc. In 1927, the 132cc Comfort Lusso light motorcycle retains the general characteristics of the Turismo model with some cosmetic improvements and in 1929 a 175cc model was added. For the 1930 season the catalogue listed a 175 two-stroke with the cylinder tilted forward and a 175cc four-stroke ohv machine, and a 130.6 cc two-stroke Lady model with the top tube of the frame curved slightly downward.
For 1931 a 350cc Sirena model was released and in 1932 the shaft-driven 500cc Perla with four-speed gearbox made its first appearance.
The chassis, engine and drivetrain of the Perla was was further developed in 1934 as a three-wheeler (motovetturetta), but unlike the Sirena a thing of beauty it was not.
By this time the firm had achieved considerable popularity, and had a contract with Fiat for the production of light trucks and vans based on the Fiat Topolino 500.
Post-war, in 1946 the factory built a two-stroke auxiliary motor of 45cc producing 1.25 hp at 4500 rpm which could be applied to the front or rear wheel of a bicycle. Then in 1948 new models, the Type 4 in 175 and 250cc versions, were added. In the following years they continued the production of the basic models, the DC micromotor 45, the three-wheelers and vans, and a variety of motorcycles in displacements of 175, 250, 350 and 500cc.
1952 saw the end for Ollearo.
Ollearo's son Roberto became Italian sidecar champion in the early 1970s (Suzuki 750 Ollearo).
Triumph, BMW, & Kawasaki Sales Spares & Repairs.
Established for over 40 years and run by expert motorcyclists.
Fully authorised workshop.